Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I love San Francisco!

So, a few weeks ago was our 1 year wedding anniversary, specifically May 22. My husband and I decided to drive to San Jose, CA which is about 6 hours up from us. We wanted to visit the Winchester Mystery House, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and go to San Francisco-mainly to tour Alcatraz! So we left on Monday and had a nice drive. Towards the end of our drive up we went thru this awesome farming community that smelt of garlic and onions and we even saw a sign for Garlic Ice Cream? Interesting. I shoulda tried some.

When we got to San Jose that night we just hung out in the hotel room. We had a little kitchenette and a huge 2 person jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, it was wonderful. The next day we got up and toured the Winchester Mystery House. That was beautiful. Our tour guide was Wayne and he had the most maniacal, uncomfortable laugh I've ever heard in my life. But the story of Sarah Winchesters life was kinda sad and pretty amazing.
No wonder there were so many escape attempts. That view is torture!



Then we went to San Fran on Wednesday. It was freezing cold, windy and foggy! But S.F is such a beautiful place that I didn't care much about the weather. We visited all the piers and the Golden Gate Bridge, it was a lot of fun. Then we spend the last part of the day at Alcatraz, that was amazing. You can basically tour the whole grounds on your own, there is no guide. You get a little recorder with headphones that tells you where to go and tells you stories but after that you can do what you want. And you can stay there as long as you want, we stayed for like 3 hours. It was great. I was really sad leaving SF I wished we could have stayed longer and meandered thru the city, but maybe one day we will!