Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Anchors Away!

Oh my, I am crazy in love with anchors! Spending my summers in Superior,WI- a pretty tiny city in the very top left hand corner of WI, sitting practically on top of the largest of the 5 great lakes-Lake Supeior. Summers there have always been memorable and bittersweet. Visiting with my grandparents, aunts and uncles, old family friends...it just always makes my heart hurt to think about all the great times. We always spend a few weeks out of the summer there, swimming at the lake, hiking the vast woods, shopping in Duluth, just overall enjoying the outdoors and fresh air. For this reason I find myself in love with anchors, they seem to represent the stability that Superior has always been to me. The one place in the world that I can always go and it will be the same (even if it's just in my head), the one place where I can be me, the place where I was born, well actually Duluth, but still. It's almost a magical place to me. The whole nautical theme actually reminds me of it. I am kinda bummed though because I know that anchors have become all trendy, but luckily the trend is waning away, but still I hate that. But it will not stop me from enjoying a symbol that reminds me of all the good times from my past with the people I love. So anchor tattoo here I come...after I get some more money, I'll buy these great items from Etsy as well!