Saturday, August 21, 2010

Easter Island

Every since I was little I have been fascinated by the unknown. I think this sprung from looking thru books that my grandma had. One of which included unexplained places like Stonehenge, the Nazca Lines, the pyramids and Easter Island. Easter Island especially captivated me because the statues called Moai were just so stoic and serious. I found them very interesting. I started reading my "Unsolved Mysteries of the Past" book for about the 10th time this afternoon. It's so crazy that the population possibly died off because of these monuments. It's thought that they needed to use the trees to erect the statues and eventually used up all the trees in the whole place. To this day there are hardly any trees on the island! How creepy and neat is that? Ah, if only I could travel back in time. So anyways, as usual, I decided after I read to search Etsy for Easter Island merchandise and sure enough I found some really cool stuff one of which I am going to buy very soon and it's this super awesome shirt (shown below).