Sunday, August 9, 2009

Valleyfair

Oh man, my vacation to Wisconsin was really nice. The weather was perfect, 75 and rainy a lot of the days. Such a great change from the 110 degree weather here. Yuck! The highlight of the trip though was my sisters and I going to Valleyfair. A really awesome amusement park in Shokopee, MN which was about a 3 hour drive from my gramps house in Superior. We possibly could have gotten there sooner, but we got lost...lol. But it's a really nice park with some great rides. We went on a Friday and it wasn't busy at all. I think the longest wait was 15 min. being from Southern Cal. that was nothing. It was also really clean and pretty smoothly run. It also has a really nice water park, which I've been to before.


It has around 6 roller coasters. They are all great except for Steel Venom. That one is the Devil himself. It was the last ride we went on and by far the scariest, The Looping Starship comes in second. But Steel Venom is fast, jerky and it really confused me. My older sister loved it, of course, she always loves rides where death is a very real possibility. Yes, I thought that maybe that ride would take the best of me.
The Looping Starship is the Devil, Steel Venoms brother. These 2 rides scared the crap outta me
My favorite ride ever is here, move over Riddler's Revenge! It's called Extreme Swing. The Structure is 100' tall and riders are 125' off the ground at the top. It only goes 60 mph but feels a lot faster. We went on it maybe 5 times and I could have strictly gone on this ride and this ride alone. It's an absolute rush. Someone even ralphed on it while we were there.lol. That's great! Here's a picture of it. It's purdy!
My older sister has never been to the Six Flags here so my younger sister and I are going to take her at the end of this year. This park has over one hundred rides and 16 roller coasters. A few of which I haven't got a chance to test out yet, like Scream which you are "flying". Holy shit! I don't know if I could handle that and Tatsu is also a "flying" coaster where you are literally lying down. It is the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster on Earth! Then there is X2, where you actually rotate on seats that extend on the side of the track. I have wanted to try this since I saw the commercial a few years ago. I can't wait for December!